This feature is currently under maintenance and will be available to Workplace customers soon.
We’re excited to announce a new way to share Workplace education with your organization. Admins with access to Knowledge Library can now see a new section in their Knowledge Library called Workplace user guide. This guide includes multiple subcategories, including:
- Workplace groups: How and why to create them, and how to use them effectively.
- Chat: When to use chat vs. posts, group chats, voice and video calling and more.
- Managing notifications: How to turn down the noise while staying on top of all of the important stuff.
- Post types: What you should be posting about and how to pick the right post type for your message.
- Live video: What you can use it for and how to go live.
- Tips and tricks: Less known Workplace features like post and message reminders, pinned chat conversations, Do Not Disturb and more.
We know that some organizations use Workplace differently, so we’ve made the guide completely editable. Admins can change or remove text and even delete some subcategories entirely.
How it works
The Workplace user guide is only visible to admins. Admins can save it as a draft, make changes, and publish it to specific people, groups or the whole organization.
To make changes to the user guide:
- Go to Knowledge Library
- Select Workplace user guide
- Click on Save as a draft.
- Then click Edit
The category will move to a draft in your own Knowledge Library. You can now customize it to make it your own by adding or removing text, images, links and more.
Deleting a subcategory
Some subcategories may not be relevant to your organization. Deleting a subcategory is simple.
To delete a subcategory:
- Click on the subcategory you want to delete.
- Click in the top right and select Delete.
Publishing the Workplace user guide
When you're ready to share the Workplace user guide with your organization, you can follow these steps.
To publish the category
- On the category page, click Edit
- Under Can view, add people to view the category and subcategory pages by individual name, profile field or group membership. You can also add the whole organization.
Translating the Workplace user guide
The guide is available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Japanese. If you don't see it in your language, you can translate it automatically.
To automatically translate the guide
- Go to the category and click Edit
- Click in the top right and select Attach a translation.
- Search for your language and select from the drop-down menu
- Workplace will automatically translate the page. Click Continue
- Review the translation and make changes as needed
You will need to follow these steps for each of the individual subcategories.
Why it's important
Workplace is easy to use, but that doesn’t mean everyone is using it to its full potential. Sharing the Workplace user guide with people in your organization can help new joiners learn how to use Workplace faster, and it can help existing users get more value out of Workplace.
Publishing the user guide is a big step, but making sure that employees know it exists is just as important. Here are a few ways to get the word out:
- Send a notification by toggling on this option when inviting people to view the category
- Share the category to a group
- Add the category to a collection, including guides to your other work tools, and pin that collection to the top of a group
- Add the user guide to the priority categories on your Knowledge Library Home
For more tips on how to socialize your Knowledge Library content, visit the Workplace Academy.
Other helpful resources
For more information on Knowledge Library, check out some of these resources
- Knowledge Library admin basics: Interactive demos to help you understand how to create content and manage your Knowledge Library. If you're new to Knowledge Library, we highly recommend taking this course,
- Category editor basics: Share this with anyone on your team who is contributing content to your Knowledge Library. They will learn how to manage subcategories, create engaging content, publish to the right people and more.
- Building your Knowledge Library team: Learn how you can grow your Knowledge Library by building a team of contributors with limited access.
- What the Knowledge Library APIs can do: learn how Knowledge Library APIs can help you sync and migrate resources across tools.
- Making the most of your Knowledge Library: Learn how to share Knowledge Library content across Workplace and across tools, so people can easily find the information they're looking for.